Monday, July 10, 2017

1.22: Understand How the Electronic Configuration of a Main Group Element is Related to its Position in the Periodic Table



ELECTRONIC CONFIGURATION: Arrangement of Electrons into shells for an Atom (E.g Electronic Configuration of Carbon is  2 . 4 )
s
ELECTRONIC CONFIGURATION AND POSITION IN PERIODIC TABLE
s
  • Number of notations in electronic configuration will show the number of shells of Electrons the Atom has, showing the Period
  • Last Notation shows the number ofouter Electrons the Atom has, showing the Group

EXAMPLE:  Electronic Configuration of Chlorine:




PERIOD: Red numbers at the Bottom Show the number of notations which is 3, indicating that Chlorine atom has 3 shells of Electrons



GROUP: Green box highlights the last notation which is 7, indicating that Chlorine atom has 7 outer Electrons



ON THE PERIODIC TABLE:


Diagram showing the position of Chlorine on the Periodic Table

17 comments:

  1. Its is a informative post to us really I read & like this blog post.

    Aqueous Products California

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is providing some really good information. I liked its essence and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts about this blog and its much more helpful for us . crescent ctk170cmp2

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is really helpful regarding all educational knowledge I earned. It covered a great area of subject which can assist a lot of needy people. Everything mentioned here is clear and very useful.
    คลิปบอล

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks helps alot with my test tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Periodic Table Elements Get all information periodic table elements,Atomic number and Atomic mass number.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.
    รองพื้น Revlon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I welcome all the suggestion mentioned in this blog related to new learning skills. It is definitely going to help me to adopt new exited way of learning. I think, others will also feel helpful this blog for their needs.FORTIAP 221C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi i really like your blog and i find it very helpful as im my gcses are approaching but is there no physics? please help

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pleasant to peruse your article! I am anticipating sharing your enterprises and encounters.Black Friday Store Deals

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. 구글 정보이용료 현금화

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!. irf1010e equivalent

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for this useful article. I like it.Tables

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like reading through a post that can make people think. Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment! Dofollw Backlinks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. huawei screen repairs

    ReplyDelete
  15. The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me. easybom

    ReplyDelete
  16. I impressed by the quality of information on this website. There are a lot of good resources here. I am sure I will visit this place again soon.

    Company Logo Tablecloth

    ReplyDelete